Very frequently many people are too busy with the complexities of life. This type of busy lifestyle often makes people forget that they need to slow down, take a step back and start having some quality time alone.
Spending time alone will allow you to rejuvenate your body and mind, as well as recharge your mental capacity. Being alone allows your brain to replenish and rest itself. The time alone will increase the quality of the relationships you have with others and increase your own productivity. It is extremely important to spend some time alone so that you can relax and connect to yourself.
We should all be aware that particular things can be enjoyed best in solitude. You can enjoy your me time in many different ways, such as involving yourself in self-indulgence or increasing your creativity. It is time to stop being afraid of spending time by yourself and make plans for this weekend in solitude.
Here is what you can do by yourself.
The following ides are creative ways in which you can have fun and enjoy yourself in solitude.
• Shopping – Shopping is one of the most liberating and relieving activities. When you are on a shopping expedition, having other people around can make you feel rushed or slow you down. On the other side, shopping by yourself can bring liberation, relief and joy.
When you shop alone, you can check every store or mall in your town, find the best bargains or try every single outfit that you want.
• Go to a restaurant – Many people feel uncomfortable with just thinking of dinning alone. However, this activity can bring you pleasure. When you eat alone, you can focus on the deliciousness of your meal and savor it. You can savor your food when you dine alone.
When you are alone in a restaurant, you don’t waste time waiting for the others to arrive, you determine your own eating pace, there are no diet restrictions determined by other people and there is no boring small talk. You can just enjoy a delicious meal or you can even bring a book with you.
• See an embarrassing, weepy or cheese movie – You should not be worried or ashamed when you swoon or cry all alone in some corner. When you go to see a movie by yourself, it shows that you are able to reveal your emotions and you are not afraid of judgment. You will feel an unbelievable liberation as you watch a movie together with complete strangers that you would not meet again. The benefits of watching a movie by yourself is that you don’t need to share your soda and popcorns, you can watch whatever movie you want, you can choose the time and there will be no distractions as you focus on the movie plot.
• Go to a wedding – Going to a wedding event by yourself can seem uncomfortable. However, you can have a great time. You are at an event where there are many other people and you will not stick out just because you came alone there. Therefore, put on the best outfit you have, start feeling confident and comfortable in your own skin and have fun.
• Go to a happy hour – Going to a bar or pub alone is not something that people often do, but it is actually a chance to make new friends or at least meet some new interesting strangers. You will win a lot if you have the courage to visit a bar or a pub alone. However, you have to choose the right venue and talk with the right people. You always need to have choice, confidence and courage.
• Bowling – professionals bowlers usually practice alone. They don’t have the chance to have someone with them every time when they have to go to practice. Therefore, go bowling and enjoy the game and the fun. Visit the nearest bowling center and practice bowling.
• Go to a concert – even though people don’t believe in this, going to a concert alone can be incredible. You will become more observant and you will be able to catch all the small moments that other people usually don’t see. No matter what happens at the concert, you will be all eyes and ears and capture the important moments. When you are attending a concert alone, you can jam up to your favorite song without inhibitions and you will be able to take in the surroundings.
• Karaoke singing – Find the courage to go to a karaoke bar, take the stage and grab a microphone. Then, sing your heart out in front of all those complete strangers. If you are able to do this, you are courageous enough to do everything else that might scare many people.
• Visit a museum – usually the previous museum experiences involve a group of loud children, a tour guide or a teacher. Go to a museum by yourself and see every single piece of history and art that the museum has to offer. Try to spend time interpreting and studying the artworks.
• Go to a bookstore – spend couple of hours or a whole day exploring many different book genres at a bookstore. Take a book off the shelves, sit in one of the couches in the bookstore and enjoy yourself as you enter in the world of the clever worlds of your most favorite author.
• Go to arts and crafts festivals – first you need to check if there are any arts and crafts festivals in your town that are happening now. If you go to these festivals alone, you will be able to experience the festival fully and get more out of it. The handcrafted products and artifacts there will be rare. You can find some things that you can use as a decoration in your home.
• Buy something from a flea market – Flea markets are both challenging and exciting because you never know what interesting things you will find there. If you are alone at the flea market, there are no people to slow you down or talk you out of great deals. The hunt becomes less interesting when there are others. Going to a flea market by yourself, means there is no one to take some stuff before you and drag you down. You are also able to shop and enjoy yourself at your own pace.
• Go to a thrift shop – Shops that sell second hand household items and clothes, usually to raise money for a charity or a church, or commonly known as thrift shops are an excellent place to search for something that is unique and you can afford. It is far more better to go alone than with someone who will interfere with your hunting mission. You will feel that you have made an huge discovery when you go through the racks and find an extremely cute piece of clothing. Furthermore, you would not need to spend a fortune for that item.
• Visit a new destination – Even if you only have a weekend for this trip, go to a particular destination and enjoy it at your own pace. When you are alone on a trip, you don’t need to make compromises so that everyone else is satisfied. Visit a new city, go for a walk around town, slow down and enjoy everything you see and smell on your trip.
• Go to the beach – Go to beach and spend some time swimming or tanning. You can also go snorkeling, read a novel or a magazine, watch the people on the beach, fly a kite or just let your mind drift away as you listen to the sounds of the sea or ocean waves.
• Go fishing – it is an excellent idea to go fishing because you can enjoy time alone and connect with nature. You can go fishing to the local waters or travel to a different place that is completely different from the local waters. You should also cook the fish you catch and enjoy the delicious dinner.
• Go to the zoo – You probably visited the zoo when you were still in school. However, you should go there again, relive your childhood memories and enjoy the wild life there.
• Take a hike – spend some time in nature and try to connect with it. Enjoy the fresh breeze on your face, smell the roses, watch the sunrise or the sunset and check out the grass, bees and trees. You should enjoy the quietness of nature. You can also explore the depth of the woods to see the real beauty of nature. However, you must know where you are going, so that you don’t get lost.
• Explore the neighborhood – Take a day to explore your own neighborhood. You can find a lot of things and places you did not know existed.
• Sketch nature – You may not be a good artist, but it is proven that painting is a therapeutic activity. Even you don’t have artistic talent, take a canvas and go outside. Start sketching the nature around you while sitting under the tree and enjoying the time alone.
• Star gazing – no matter whether you are lying on your back on the grass of your own backyard or in the park, watch as the stars twinkle above in the sky. Star gazing can make you calm down and allow you to enjoy time by yourself and relax under the starry sky.
• Watch the crowd – go to a mall, a park or some other public place and observe the people around you. Pay attention to their body language, the way in which they interact between each other and notice the small details that we usually miss. You can even eavesdrop if you want, but don’t invade someone else’s privacy. Watching the crowd is a sweet, hilarious and interesting activity.
• Start a conversation with strangers – One of the best pastimes is starting a conversation with complete strangers. You would enjoy the chat and don’t have a problem to find conversation topics when you talk to the people that sit next to you in a coffee shop or a bar. you can even talk to the bartender.
• Find a hobby – Do you have a piano or a guitar in your house, but no one plays them? Start using them. Try a new hobby, especially something that you have wanted to do for a long time. If you practice something every time you are alone, you may become pretty good at it.
• Start some art or craft project – Visit a craft store and purchase a stitching kit, pottery wheel, sculpting clay, whittling wood or a jewelry making kit. Try to master that art. This art and craft project will bring you fun and satisfaction. When you are done with your project, you will also have a new decoration for your house that you have made by yourself.
• Start some experiments in the kitchen – An excellent way to hang out alone is to cook something that you have been thinking about for a long time. If you try to prepare some new recipe and everything does not go according to plan, you will be the only person who will be left disappointed and hungry. You can continue perfecting the dish as long as you need and want.
• Spend time with your pet – It is important for you as well as for your pet to spend some time together. When you got your pet, you have made an important decision and an investment. Therefore, it is important to spend time with it and show love to it as often as you can.
• Start a blog – You should write the thing that you are passionate about. You can do this by starting a blog. A blog is an excellent way to channelize your passion and start writing. Having your own blog can be very entertaining. You should update your blog every time you have some free time by yourself.
• Take some photos and share them online – Take some photographs of something fun in your neighborhood or your home. When you plan to do this, you will find some perfect things that deserve to be captured in a photo. Write something under the picture and share it.
• Do some volunteer job – You can always volunteer in a non-governmental organization or join some work group.
• Help the elders in your neighborhood with some chores – You should find time to help the elders in your neighborhood with some of their chores. You will get a sense of peace when you start helping them with their errands from time to time. You will feel great after this.
• Finish a project that you have started – Force yourself to finish that project that has been hanging over your mind for a long time or read your favorite, but unfortunately unfinished novel. You will feel proud and accomplished when you are done with the reading or the project.
• Find something that challenges your mind – Take a Rubik’s cube, a crossword or a Sudoku puzzle and finish it by yourself. If you do this alone, you will enjoy the bragging by yourself instead of sharing the pride and joy with someone else. these activities will also challenge your mind.
• Start meditating – Meditation is an excellent way to rejuvenate your body and mind and relax. Sit in silence, close the eyes and pay attentions to the sensations, smells and sounds that surround you. allow your mind to go blank. You should also concentrate on your breathing. Turn your attention to your inner self and allow yourself to reflect in quietness.
• Start exercising – When you exercise alone, you can have fun and determine your own exercising pace. There are even some exercises that can be embarrassing, especially if you do them in front of other people. You can also face certain difficulties such as not knowing how the machines in the gym function or you may don’t know certain moves of your Zumba routine. Working out alone will allow you to master the moves before you perform in front of other people.